We’re Hiring! Seeking talented Creative Designers!
We are looking for a talented Creative Designer to join our team to help create beautifully accessible solutions for our residential and hotel clients. Interested?
Motionspot has a regular flow of residential clients and a fast-growing commercial side of the business designing accessible environments for hotels, care homes and private hospitals. Contract clients over the past 12 months have included National Trust, Bespoke Hotels, Jumeirah and London Edwardian Hotels.
Purpose of the role:
The Creative Designer will work as part of the design team providing creative and technical designs for clients; working across both residential and contract projects.
- Creation of 2D drawings and 3D visuals for client proposals. This will involve taking hand drawn sketches and creating accurate floor plans and 3D models using CAD software.
- Producing accurate elevation drawings and relevant product data for contractors, ensuring compliance with BS8300 and Approved Document M.
- Working as part of the design team but be able to work across the company with a number of stakeholders; including product, finance, sales & marketing teams as well as external stakeholders such as occupational therapists and freelance designers.
- Visiting clients on site to create measured surveys. The Creative Designer will carry out visits representing the design team and record and report information back to the wider team as necessary.
- Working closely with key suppliers; sourcing new materials and inspiration from the wider industry and disseminating with the design team – and the wider company as necessary.
- With guidance from the Head of Creative Design; lead on concept creation, design development and client-facing presentations.
- Build knowledge of the accessible design industry; our clients, their competitors and the wider hospitality industry – showing a good understanding of how accessible design can improve the lives of Motionspot clients.
- Produce specifications and schedules for design projects and support others within the team on larger projects.
- Actively source and reference materials from outside the company to inspire and support creative solutions within your work at Motionspot.
Experience & skills required:
- At least a 2:1 or above in an Architecture or Design related degree
- Good software skills, including Vectorworks 2D + 3D (or similar), Photoshop and Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent presentation skills and confident to present design work to clients
- A creative flair and ability to create engaging hand drawings demonstrating concepts
- Demonstrate knowledge of materials and basic construction techniques
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate with suppliers
- A full, clean UK driving license
- 1-2 years of design-based work experience
- A knowledge of accessible design principles.
- Keen to learn and develop skills through training opportunities
- A passion for design and an eye for detail
- Proactive and flexible with the ability to work on several projects at one time
- Self-motivated and able to take initiative whilst also being a good team player
- Ability to propose ideas to improve working practices
The role is available to start immediately.
The role is a full-time position and will be office based in Twickenham, reporting into the Head of Creative Design.
Salary based on experience.
25 paid days holiday per year.
Excellent career development oppurtunities.