Teatulia’s Accessible Toilet
Motionspot recently worked with interior designers, Russell Sage Studio, to design the wheelchair accessible toilet at a new venue, Teatulia, on Neal Street in Covent Garden.
Teatulia, a tearoom by day, cocktail bar by night set in a beautifully Asian-Inspired space, is one of London’s hottest new venues. Their 100% organic tea is sustainable grown in their own tea garden in the Tetulia region of Northern Bangladesh. It’s the first tea shop in London to have total ownership of where their tea comes from and they wanted a stylish Doc M Pack from us to compliment Teatulia’s beautiful interior.
The accessible toilet was fitted with an eclectic mix of products that take clear inspiration from the Asian heritage of the tea brand;
- The wooden grab rails are made from oak which authentic in style and a great use of natural materials, in keeping with the overall brand aesthetic and design.
- Oak coat hooks are used on the back of the doors at varying heights
A wide range of accessible products have been used including;
- A wall hung basin with integrated hand grips for additional support
- Lever tap and accessible flush plate – easy to use for those with limited dexterity or arthritis
- Click-Clack basin plug that can be operated with a closed fist
- Insulated bottle trap under the basin to reduce the chance of burning skin for anyone in a wheelchair
- Emergency push button call alarm instead of a pull cord system which is less clinical in appearance and can’t be wrongly tied up out of reach!
Find out more about other stylish, well designed Doc M accessible toilets and what we can do.