Tiles & Flooring Finishes
The finishing touches to any renovation can be the most exciting part of a bathroom project, however we are often asked about the potential dangers of falling in a bathroom or walk-in shower room. Safety and comfort is always at the forefront of our recommended designs and as such all our slip resistant shower floors comply with HSE guidelines to prevent slips and trips in the bathroom.
Thinking about the colour contrast between the floor and walls is also an important consideration when choosing your flooring and is important for anyone living with a sight impairment or dementia and our team will advise on this when designing the right bathroom for you.
If the tiled look is preferred to vinyl flooring, Motionspot always specifies slip resistant tiles. Tile slip resistance is measured by the industry PTV (Pendulum Test Value) and offers the safest option for users. The minimum slip resistance value of 36+ is recommended in all commercial environments, but we would also recommend this within the home as well for safety.
Tile Walk-in Shower Flooring
- A large choice of tile colours and finishes are available and we would be happy to send out samples to meet any colour scheme so please just ask!
- A variety of sizes and finishes available. (Smooth, matt, gloss, textures, borders and patterns.)
Vinyl Shower Flooring
- A practical option – Motionspot vinyl is slip resistant and easy to clean with no grout lines
- Available in a variety of colours and finishes
- Softer underfoot and slightly warmer than tile if no underfloor heating
- Hundreds of styles and finishes of tile available.
- Available in both porcelain and ceramic finishes dependent on style and budget.
- Available in choice of colours and finishes.
- Available in a range of sizes to suit all styles and bathroom designs.
- Tile brochure available on request.