Motionspot understands the importance of designing a bathroom with well-thought out access to your basin. Traditionally, basins have floor standing pedestals which can obstruct access to the basin from a seated position or a wheelchair.
All Motionspot accessible basins are designed to be either wall hung with space to get underneath, inset (placed onto a counter top), or with a semi-pedestal. Importantly, we ensure the bottle trap under the basin is fully insulated so if legs brush against it, there are no chances of burns from hot pipes.
- Wall-hung basins can be mounted at the ideal height for the user to ensure perfect comfort for washing.
- Benefit of clear access underneath means anyone using a wheelchair or commode can get closer to the taps and basin.
Semi Pedestal Basin
- For anyone who would prefer to conceal all pipework, but still requires access under the basin.
Semi Insert or Counter Top Basin
- Offering an alternative style which can be fixed at any height.
- If vanity units are required, these can be situated to one side of the basin, still providing access under the basin bowl.
Basin with Integrated Hand Grips
- Basin with integrated hand grips can offer a discrete and functional way of additional support whilst standing or leaning against the basin.
- Rails can also double up as towel holders and surface space on the back of the basin can be used to store bathroom essentials.
- Ideal for small spaces where a hand basin needs to be located near to the toilet.
- Proximity to the toilet can help with hand washing before transfer back to a wheelchair, or for when bowel management systems necessitate easy access to water.
- An essential plumbing element designed with safety in mind. All Motionspot bottle traps are fully insulated to protect against skin touching hot pipework.
- The traditional plug – but designed with ease of use in mind. The ‘Click – Clack’ is easy to operate with a simple open/close mechanism