We place the emphasis on creating enabling environments and accessible spaces through the use of clever and stylish products that are universally appealing to everyone.
You won’t hear us talking about disabled toilets, disabled showers, disabled bathrooms or any disabled products as we believe it is the environment that is disabling for people not the products themselves. Designing beautiful accessible bathrooms is why we initially launched Motionspot in 2012 and is still very close to our hearts. We have designed and built hundreds of accessible bathrooms across the UK and around the world and we are experts in designing bathrooms for anyone with physical, cognitive and sensory impairments. We are also experts in creating future proofed bathrooms for later living.
We design using universal products and design principles.
When recommending products, we take into consideration the needs of all users to ensure a safe and practical environment, but one which is appealing for all to use.
Types of accessible bathroom design principles include:
- Ensuring that the projection and height of the toilet is right for anyone who may need to transfer from a wheelchair.
- Only ever designing completely level access walk-in showers, wet-rooms and roll-in shower areas to ensure that there are never any trip hazards.
- Designing appropriate circulation through the use of clever space saving products such as bi-folding shower screens and folding grab bars and rails.
- Ensuring there is enough space underneath the basin for access and integrated basin hand grips for support whilst standing.
- Considering the finish of materials for non-slip and sensory navigation.
- Easy to operate handles avoiding fiddly twisting and turning actions.
We Create – Accessible bathrooms
We have experience designing for a wide range of disabilities and we are always pushing the boundaries in product development to ensure functionality doesn’t dictate aesthetics. We design and manufacture beautiful products that adhere to all building regulations and deliver the necessary access and aesthetics
We understand – your style choices
With a range of styles and products to choose from, a Motionspot accessible bathroom can suit your taste preferences from simple, modern, traditional, contemporary to elegant and luxury bathroom environments
Future proofed bathrooms
The concept of future proofing doesn’t need to be overwhelming; taking some accessible design principles into consideration at the start of a bathroom re-design project can make the difference if or when your needs change. Planning the position and height of sanitaryware, lighting, access in and out of the shower and the slip resistance of flooring can help to avoid expensive bathroom adaptations and re-modelling costs at a later date.
There are also a variety of discreet future proofing products available that can be cleverly incorporated into the design, such as removable grab bars and rails and shower seats. With the right reinforcements and fixings installed in the walls, these highly supportive products can be easily installed and removed as and when needed.